If you have been wondering about a way in which you can just scan a document and convert it into editable text of languages other than English (especially the Asian ones), then there is a free online OCR tool available at http://www.newocr.com/
1. Scan the page you wish to convert to unicode text.
2. Go to http://www.newocr.com/
3. Upload your file by clicking “Choose File”
4. Select your language
5. Click Upload
6. Please wait as the file is processed and you’re taken to the next page
1. You may crop the image here if needed.
2. Click on OCR
3. Please wait for the file to process
1. Scroll down to find the converted text
2. Copy the text and paste it into your text editor to manually correct any conversion errors