- A lying tongue is one of the seven things God hates. The others are, a proud look, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren (Prov.6:16-19; 12:22)
- It is not becoming to a prince to have lying lips (Prov.17:7)
- Those who wish to become rich by speaking lies are on the path of death (Prov.21:6)
- The one who conceals hatred has lying lips (Prov.10:18)
- Those who speak lies hate those who are victims of their lies (Prov.26:28)
- A lying tongue will not last long (Prov.12:19)
- Those who love and practice lying will by no means enter into the City of God (Rev.21:27; 22:15).
- The devil is called the father of lie (John 8:44)
- The anti-Christ will come with lying wonders (2Thess.2:9)
- No lie is of the truth (1John 2:21)
- God cannot lie (Tit.1:2)
- Jesus came to bear witness of the Truth (John 18:37). He often used the words, “Truly, truly I say unto you…”
- The Holy Spirit is called true, and not a lie (1John 2:27). He is called the Spirit of Truth who will guide the disciples into all truth (John 16:13)
- Paul stressed several times, “I am not lying” (Rom.9:1; 2Cor.11:31; Gal.1:20; 1Tim.2:7)
- The Bible commands Christians to put away lying and speak truth with their neighbors (Col.3:9; Eph.4:25).