“It is required in stewards that one be found faithful” (1Cor.4:2)
Tit.1:7 – Steward of God
Luke 12:42 – Faithful Steward
For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. (Luk 12:48 NKJ)
1. The things in his possession don’t belong to him.
2. He must protect what he has been given.
3. He must strive to increase and make better what has been entrusted.
4. He must keep a record of all things.
5. He must give an account of his stewardship at the end.
6. He will be rewarded for good work and punished for failure.
1. The Mysteries of God (1Cor.4:2)
Ex. Peter.. Obey God or man. Acts4:20; 5:29
Paul. Woe to me if I don’t preach the Gospel. 1 Cor.9:16
Acts 20:26-27 – whole counsel of God
2. The Manifold Grace of God (1Pet.4:10ff)